Saturday, May 21, 2011

fabric hoarder

i am a fabric hoarder.

over the last few years, i have amassed quite a collection, not so much because i buy an excessive amount of fabric, but more because i have trouble deciding what i want to use it for.   it's not an easy decision, you know.

sometimes i just take out fabric and admire how beautiful it is, raw, clean, and uncut.

do you know what i mean?

however, on a whim, i decided to make something out of my new hippo fabric from taiwan: a passport sleeve.  the back jacket slides into a pocket, and it closes with an elastic band.  this way, the passport is protected but still easy to take in and out at the airport.  in my experience, customs and other airline security generally ask for passports to be removed from their sleeves, so i figured this would be a suitable design.

4 comments:

  1. very cute idea! I always by fabric and then can't make myself use it because it is too pretty to cut :) I think we need to find a way to display all this unused loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so fabulous!! You always make the prettiest things though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum collects fabric too as she is a sewer. Hers aren't quite as cute or funky as yours though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog as I was looking what to do with my Taiwanese fabric I bought few years ago when I was studying there. Like your blog already :-)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...