Saturday, April 17, 2010

queen city emporium- springfield, missouri

a few weeks ago, i was approached by queen city emporium, a new retail store in springfield, missouri, selling artisan handmade goods and supplies. when i say new, i really mean new. the grand opening is today!

they asked me if i would be interested in selling my flatware pouches and extra shopping bags in their store, and i said yes. so, as you can imagine, i've been pretty busy utilizing the spare moments after work sewing, in order to get my goods to them before opening day.



whew.

if you happen to live in springfield, missouri, or plan to visit for any reason, see if you can stop by and check them out:
311 w commercial street, springfield, mo, 65803
417-832-1099
-----

an update: jan 18, 2011


to my surprise, i have noticed a recent influx on comments on this particular post in recent weeks. i thought i should address these comments. first of all, i want to express to everyone below how awful i feel for all of you for having such terrible experiences with them! i thought i should also share that my consignment with QCE was also similarily negative, but it seems that i came out of it luckier than most other vendors have. i did end up receiving all my items back, in good condition, unlike most vendors i have heard from. i do not, in any way, support their establishment. i hope that all the vendors involved will receive all their items back (or payment for them) in good condition!

16 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Congrats my friend :) This is great great news!!! Can't wait to hear about how quickly they sell out hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! That AWESOME! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your items are going to fly off the shelf. I hope you can find more spare time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they have better ettiquette with you than they've shown me in person. :[ Best of luck with your shop... love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. to my anonymous poster, in case you see this- i'd be interested in hearing about your experience. you can email me at: clearlytangled (at) gmail (dot) com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate @ Queen City EmporiumApril 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM

    We're super-excited to have your items in the shop.

    To the anonymous poster - I don't know who you are, but we've only had great response at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I love your items :D
    I was just contacted by the ladies at QCE to have my jewelry featured in their store... can't wait to finish making the twisted wire pieces and ship them off so that they can be shown amongst amazing artist's work like yours :D Best of luck to you!
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  9. i went into queen city the other day and the owner kicked my sister and i out for questioning their 417 deal of the day. She yelled at us and was very rude, most likely being defensive since the 417 deal for the store is screwing people like myself out of money. Message to the owner of Queen City - Treat customers like shit and youll be closed in a month love :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous- I have had my products in QCE since their opening. I have received $0 from them- they refuse tu pay me!!!! Its ridculous trying to get info from them. The daughter is incredibly rude, sends nasty emails- when she sends them. I truly hope the other artists have much better luck than I have had!
    And....if they are treating their customers like crap, no wonder they cannot sell products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have been selling there for over 6 months and have see NOTHING. Not one penny, barely an email, no reports, NOTHING. I consider this stealing, and if you are shopping there, you are purchasing stolen items.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please do not shop at Queen City Emporium. They have had $1080.00 of my merchandise since April of 2010. I have barely received any updates, no money and they will not return my merchandise, phone calls or emails. The one conversation I had was extremely unprofessional and rude. There are at least several vendors in this position. Their inventory amounts to stolen property.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have also had a terrible experience with these people. My items have been at the shop for more than 6 months with 2-3 sales, which I had to pry payment out of them for. They are incredibly rude. I've asked for my things to be returned and have heard nothing for a month. BEWARE sellers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I encourage any vendors who are having problems to get in touch with me! There is a little group of us trying our best to fix this really unfortunate situation. Follow my link and Convo me on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have created a Warning Site for "Queen City Emporium". They have scammed Etsy sellers out of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise. Please click my link above to read the full story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW...definitely won't be shopping there!!!! Thanks for the warning

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...