the craft room is still coming together, but in the mean time i've snuck in some sewing here and there. these baby shoes are for a friend's baby shower this weekend (my first big social event in boston). the pattern i used is from ithinksew.com, and is really well put together.
but, to be honest, i am not particularly happy with how the shoes turned out - it can be terribly frustrating to work on something so tiny (absolutely no fault of the pattern maker)! they ended up being a little wonky.
i'm hoping my friend won't notice. i'm also hoping the baby won't either. how embarassing would it be if she rejected my shoes?



a baby rejection would be a serious slap in the face...although with the hands being tiny, you may not notice :)
ReplyDeleteI think they are super adorable.
I adore these. And I'm laughing quite loudly at the thought of baby rejection with tiny hands. This would be a fantastic houseshoe for the larger footed of us. I've added this project to my bucket list. But first: sewing.
ReplyDeleteI also laughed out loud at the thought of a baby snubbing your lovely shoes! I think they look great, what a thoughtful gift! x
ReplyDeleteAww I'm not a clucky person but those are so cute! :)
ReplyDeletethese shoes and the fabric are so sweet! it is hard and fiddly to make such little things... i think it looks really good, but i know that we are so critical of our own work and mistakes can be so glaring. funny, when i first saw them, i thought of a kimono and sure enough the pattern says the same. very cute.
ReplyDelete