back in january, i posted about my trip to a marimekko store in finland. one of my prized purchases was this large bag, below.
marimekko.fi
the bag came out to be about 110 usd, which was a hard amount for me to swallow. but, since i had received a couple of gift cards for christmas, i decided to go all out. i love the color scheme of this bag, with the pink and red boldly sitting against a black background.
recently, while i was doing some fabric research online, i came across another bag with this pattern in my image results.
avon.com
"how cute!" i thought. i immediately investigated further. turns out, this tote bag is being sold at avon.com for a small fraction of what i paid for my other tote above (albeit, this one is smaller). apparently, marimekko partnered up with avon last fall to create this color scheme for avon's breast cancer crusade. look, it's reese witherspoon sporting the bag (i had no idea she was a honorary chairman).
what was a girl to do? i couldn't possibly pass up such a great offer. so, i promptly bought... a couple. a few. several. okay, okay, i bought a LOT. it's for a good cause right? other people in my life would love them as gifts, right? plus, i could always use a couple more totes myself (can you really have too many totes?). and surely... surely, one of my readers would love one.
right?
do you want one?
because i am giving one away. to you! well, maybe. if you're lucky. are you feeling lucky?
to enter the giveaway to win one marimekko - avon tote, you have the opportunity of up to 3 entries:
entry 1: follow my blog + leave a comment to inform me (if you are already following, leave a comment stating so)
entry 2: leave a comment on this entry (tell me, do you like marimekko? own anything designed by them? are you brave enough to carry around a bag with giant red and pink poppies on them?)
entry 3: blog about this giveaway, and leave me a 3rd comment + link me to the post
make sure you leave a way for me to contact you on your entry/entries!
this giveaway is open until midnight, wed, may 19th, central time. open to u.s. and canadian residents only!
1 winner will be chosen via random.org on thursday, may 20th.



I LOVE marimeko! follower.
ReplyDeletebittofraw@gmail.com
i do own a little toiletry bag by marimekko. wish i had more. my mom and dad have cool beach towels that are a similar deisgn to the poppy in blue. i love those.
ReplyDeleteyes i am brave enough to carry around a big poppy bag. i have confidence in it.
bittofraw@gmail.com
I love marimekko, I am a fabric designer and they are such an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteNever had an opportunity to have any of their designs myself.
I've never heard of marimekko, but it looks like a great, roomy bag! Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI am a follower! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I am yet to own any Marimekko, but as you know I love bold prints and colors!
ReplyDeletethat bag is so cute! (and summery!) i love it. (=
ReplyDeleteand i'm already following you. (=
ReplyDeleteand here's my post about it: http://faith47.livejournal.com/498730.html
ReplyDeleteI've been following you. Hasn't Marimekko been around a while? Maybe since the 50's? It's a classic, and I believe my mother had some of their fabric years ago.
ReplyDeleteFaith, sent me a link to your blog site. What neat bags. They are really bright and very springy/summery....Awesome Rowena rowenaarchone@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteI love the bag, and I wasn't following before, but I am now!! :) misskaylene@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteYaya for fun giveaways!!! and the giveaway closes on my birthday eeek!!! Well I am for sure a follower here :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I would carry this bag around in a heartbeat! It is so pretty. I see why you love it, gorgeous xoxo
ReplyDeleteI have a new blog post about you give away.
ReplyDeleteSaw Faith's post--now following your blog. Love the bag and also your Etsy store!
ReplyDeletelauren.flake@gmail.com
I am a follower!
ReplyDeleteI think I'm brave enough to sport big red poppies:)
ReplyDeleteBring on the red and pink poppies. The mekko rocks!
ReplyDeleteI'm already a follower!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a cute bag! I already have an umbrella of hers. This would be the perfect tote to hold it in.
ReplyDeleteJust followed!
ReplyDeleteI had planned on ordering this bag from Avon but I missed the deadline. It so darling!
ReplyDeleteI follow you now. :)
ReplyDeleteI follow on GFC.
ReplyDeletewaterchic83@yahoo.com
Such a cute bag! I don't own anything by Marimekko, but this bag is so fun. I love the way Reese Witherspoon pulls off wearing this bold bag. I'm not as cool as her, but I think I could pull it off. It's a great summer bag.
ReplyDeletewaterchic83@yahoo.com
I've always liked Merrimekko stuff, but I haven't yet been brave enough to wear their bright patterns/colors. Maybe winning this beautiful bag will help me take the wardrobe "risk" this spring!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win!
--Liza
ejm6x (at) yahoo (dot) com
I'm a follower! :) vguerrette@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI would definitely carry this bag!! I love spring flowers!! A perfect BIG BAG!
ReplyDeletevguerrette@gmail.com
I'm a follower!
ReplyDeletecassie@wrencommunication.com
cassie.l.smirz@gmail.com
And I have their linens, and I love them. I'd absolutely carry this bag!
ReplyDeletecassie@wrencommunication.com
I would totally carry this bag around. I have a tote in orange and green that I use shamelessly for groceries, and am sadly reminiscent of a pink, orange and magenta vintage fabric I parted with years ago, so this fabulous Marimekko pattern would suit me just fine.
ReplyDeletesugareaterATgmailDOTcom
i have never heard of them but i love poppies and would proudly carry a bag! love it!
ReplyDeletekevindormer at hotmail dot com
I have Marimekko sheets and a comforter that I bought a long time ago at Crate and Barrel. I like them alot!
ReplyDelete...and yes I would definitely carry that poppy bag!
couponboss at gmail dot com
I am now a follower!
ReplyDeleteAng
ang_vaughan at yahoo dot com
I've never owned anything by Marimekko, but would absolutely love this poppy bag! Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteang
ang_vaughan at yahoo dot com
Glad to be a new follower!
ReplyDeleteomydarlingblog(at)gmail(dot)com
I'm a major fan of bright flowers, so I'd love to rock the poppy bag! omydarlingblog(at)gmail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteI've been in love with Marimekko designs since the 70's and I would love to own this bag!
ReplyDeletei am a new follower
ReplyDeleteohhhfire@hotmail.com
i am definitely brave enough to carry this bag, i love big bright and bold colors!
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower of your blog :)
ReplyDeletejo.tee35(at)gmail(dot)com
I actually have a blue marimekko tote from maybe 5 years back with a bold blue print....of course I'd love one with giant red and pink poppies, I love large prints :)
ReplyDeletejo.tee35(at)gmail(dot)com
ms(dot)verymarried(at)gmail(dot)com
ReplyDeletei've never heard of the brand before but i'd TOTALLY carry this bag around!
Follower!
ReplyDeletemicahandkelsey1@ccox.net
Started following! Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteLove marimekko textiles! I always wanted one of their umbrellas. This print is lovely.
ReplyDeleteJust started following your blog! I AM BRAVE ENOUGH!
ReplyDeleteIn Him,
Laura
This is so nice of you!
ReplyDeleteI became a follower :]
Lynn
lynnx512(at)gmail(dot)com
I don't own anything from Marimekko, but I would definitely carry this tote. So cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower.
ReplyDeletehewella1 at gmail dot com
I don't have anything from this brand and yes I would be brave enough to carry around this cute bag!!
ReplyDeletehewella1 at gmail dot com
I follow.
ReplyDeleteI follow on google friend connect
ReplyDeleteaprettykitty84@yahoo.com
I love this bag! I am a huge fan of poppies and would definitely carry it around!
ReplyDeleteaprettykitty84@yahoo.com
I am now following your blog
ReplyDeletevrtheriot@gmail.com
I follow your blog with google friend connect!
ReplyDeletethanks xx
DolphinV27@aol.com
do you like marimekko? I do! I love how the designs and colors always seem so cheerful!
ReplyDeleteown anything designed by them? yes, i bought one of their compacts once but i find it too pretty to use!
are you brave enough to carry around a bag with giant red and pink poppies on them? yes sure! it's so pretty!
DolphinV27@aol.com
http://tiam0.blogspot.com/2010/05/in-it-to-win-it.html
ReplyDeleteblogged!
DolphinV27@aol.com
Such a pretty bag! I follow your blog.
ReplyDeletemiryfaye at yahoo dot com
I blogged this giveaway.
ReplyDeletehttp://letswinblogsweeps.blogspot.com/2010/05/marimekko-unikko-tote-giveaway.html
miryfaye at yahoo dot com
I don't currently own one, but I am definetly brave enough to carry a giant pink and red bag!! Who wouldn't love it ???
ReplyDeleteThanks
Angie
rennieangie at gmail dot com
I'm your newest follower! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI've been an Avon rep for a few months now...but I missed this bag...it's soooo my style...LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteI am a follower on GFC! Thanks
ReplyDeletelexigurl_17 (at) hotmail (dot) com
I love the bold design! I tend to wear basic solids - so my accessories are what adds the color!
ReplyDeletelexigurl_17 (at) hotmail (dot) com
I'm a follower!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a fun bag! I would totally use it; it seems to be the perfect size to tote around the lesson plan book, calendar, and papers to grade I always have to cart between home and my classroom! Great giveaway! :D
ReplyDeleteI love Marimekko...I had one of their borders in my daughter's room when she was a baby!
ReplyDeleteI have a marimekko duvet cover from Crate and Barrel--green bamboo on a white background.
ReplyDeleteFollower!!!
ReplyDeletelaurensilvia@yahoo.com
i love this bag.... it is beautiful! It looks very handy too!
ReplyDeletelaurensilvia@yahoo.com
I'm following! :D
ReplyDeletetesskcarter@gmail.com
oh and of course I LOVE marimekko! I have a tablecloth I just love & a stunning blue & white tray too!
ReplyDeletetesskcarter@gmail.com
I love Marimekko but do not own anything by them. I would be brave enough to wear this.
ReplyDeleteI am a new follower :) hello! :)Super cute bag!
ReplyDeleteYes! I am "brave" enough to carry that bag around! I really love bright and bold things so I think its amazing!
ReplyDeleteI would love to win! Keeping my finger's crossed!
ReplyDeletelanzaelizabeth77@gmail.com
I am a new follower
I follow.
ReplyDeletenordstromemily(at)hotmail(dot)com
I love Merimekko. I would totally carry it around.
ReplyDeletenordstromemily(at)hotmail(dot)com