Thursday, September 29, 2011

packaging edison

half the fun of making a gift is deciding how to package it... for me at least  the elephant in the last post was a present, and i contemplated a while on how to tag him.  i made this card with edison's story inside (see story in the post below).  my lotus root pattern is printed on one side of a 3"x3" card that fits into a square envelope, also with my lotus root pattern printed on side.  the husband kindly participated by making me an envelope template.


my chinese is very limited and i made a typo.  oops.


unfortunately, i forgot to take a picture of it, but i cut slits in the envelope, slid a ribbon into it, and then tied it around the elephant's head.  it was all sorts of adorable. truthfully, deciding how to present edison was almost more fun than making him.

2 comments:

  1. this stationary rocks. I couldn't tell there was a mistake in your Chinese if that makes you feel better...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...